International Student Program
Thank you for your interest in studying in the United States at Shoals Christian School!
For guidance, click the icon above or the following link for entry guidance and student VISA and travel rules and restrictions https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students
After application and submission of all documents requested, if you are selected for admission, the school will provide you with the I-20 form so that you can make arrangements for the visa interview.
About our School
Shoals Christian School, a K3-12 college preparatory, nondenominational, Christian school, is located in Florence, Alabama. Our city nestles on the northern bank of the beautiful Tennessee River and is part of a quad-city area known as "The Shoals." This area is home to the University of North Alabama, 2 courses of the world famous Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail and numerous water related recreation parks.
Our approach to education is student centered. Small class size allows our teachers to develop a personal relationship with each student. Our committed faculty and staff seek to work in partnership with your family and your homeland family to provide each student an opportunity to develop his or her strengths and talents. The nurturing environment at SCS endeavors to build a strong foundation that empowers students to succeed.
We will assist families by providing a Christ-centered, biblically based education emphasizing excellence in character, academics and service to Christ and others.
Facts to Note:
- University Placement: SCS students have been accepted to colleges and universities across the nation including Princeton, West Point Military Academy, Vanderbilt University and Georgia Institute of Technology. University counseling provided by certified Guidance Counselor.
- High Academic Standards: Dual Enrollment college classes with the University of North Alabama and Northwest Shoals Community College. Class of 2020 - 23.7 Average ACT and $525,000+ in Scholarship offers
- Personal Attention: small student teacher ratio
- Outstanding faculty: A cumulative total of 298 years experience, 12 masters’ degrees, and state-certified.
- Activities: Championship Sports Programs, Fine Arts, Student Clubs, Community Service
- Home stay: Warm, loving family environment improves English and expands cultural understanding
- Quad cities population: 147,000
- Florence population: 39,000
Shoals Christian is looking for serious students who are Christians or open to consider the claims of Jesus Christ as found in the Bible. While most students enter from 8th to 10th grades and continue in the school until graduation, students wishing to study for only one year are also welcome. In addition to the application and supporting documents described on the following pages, the following criteria are also required:
- Interest in attending a Christian school
- Academic ability and interest (“C+” average or higher)
- Good study skills
- Qualifying, legitimate SLEP exam score (>49 for grades 11-12, >47 for grades 7-10) OR
- iTEP SLATE score of 3.0 or above OR
- TOEFL, Jr. score as follows:
Grades 11-12 = 800
Grades 9-10 = 700
Grades 6-8 = 500
Emotional maturity necessary to adjust to a new language, new culture, and new educational environment
- Complete the International Student On-line Application here by June 1 for August admission. Early (spring) application is recommended.
- To login and return to your saved application, click here.
- Submit the required forms, tuition, and fees.
Applicants who are selected for admission will be provided with the I-20 immigration document. Shoals Christian School is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. When the student arrives, copies of the identification page of the student’s passport, the student’s copy of the I-20, and the I-94 arrival/departure card will be made.
International Student Tuition and Fees
Application Fee (one time only, non-refundable)
$ 1,250.00 IF NEEDED and ARRANGED IN ADVANCE - Language Acquisition Fee - per semester; covers ESL and tutoring as needed.
*This fee removed when student demonstrates adequate English proficiency.
$ 8,500.00 Room and Board paid to the school for host families (based on 10 months) IF recruited and vetted by Shoals Christian School
Summer arrival is pro-rated at $30.00 per day.
$ 250.00 Host Placement/Change Fee for initial placement or host family change
|Marching Band (1st Semester)||TBD||TBD|
|Concert Band (2nd semester)||$30||$30|
|Dual Enrollment College Classes 11th & 12th||TBD|
Didi Vardaman, Director of Admissions
256-767-7070 ext 215