Shoals Christian School is a coeducational institution for students in grades K-4 through 12.
There are several prerequisites that must be met before a student will be accepted into Shoals Christian School, and a step-by-step Admissions procedure (see "Steps to Admission" on the Admission tab) that must be followed. Based on the items listed below, students are admitted without regard to race, color, national, or ethnic origin.
The items are:
1. Parents must understand that Shoals Christian School teaches from a distinctively Christian perspective with the goal of helping our students embrace a Bibilcal worldview. Parents who partner with SCS agree to fully support this approach to Christian education.
The academic program of SCS includes attendance at weekly chapels and other forms of spiritual formation (retreats, athletic chapels, etc.) Parents agree to full participation of their student in these activities.
2. We encourage each SCS family to be involved in a Bible-believing church. The partnership between the home, the church, and the school is most beneficial for students. Character and behavioral references will be requested and contacted as part of the application.
3.Students must meet the age deadline of September 1 to enter K-4, K-5 or first grade. Students who do not meet the deadline, but seek to enroll, may be considered on an individual basis. Testing may be required at the discretion of administrator. Pursuant to Code of Alabama §16-30-1, all students in grades K5-12 must have a valid Alabama Certificate of Immunization on file prior to the beginning of each school year.
4. Students seeking to enroll must score at or very near grade level in both reading and mathematics as evidenced by standardized achievement scores beginning at the second grade level. A strong "C" average must be present in all subjects, based upon the student's last report card. All new students applying (rising grades 2-12) will be required to successfully complete admissions testing in reading and math as a condition of acceptance and enrollment. This will be scheduled after academic records are received and reviewed.
5. Students may not have been suspended, be on suspension, or have been expelled from another school during the previous year or during the current year, or have a history of discipline problems.
6. Parents and students must complete an interview after submitting a completed application form for each student enrolling and a $75 application fee for each application submitted.This fee is non-refundable.
7. The student and parents must be willing to abide by all school policies.
8. Shoals Christian School reserves the right to disqualify from admission any student with a known pattern of tobacco, alcohol, or drug use, sexual activity, or any other disciplinary concerns.
9. If any pertinent information on the application or on other records has been falsified, SCS reserves the right to expel the student from school.
10. Any exceptions to the previous requirements must be approved by the Board of Directors upon recommendation by the administration.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Shoals Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin who satisfy entrance requirements to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available at our school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletic programs, and other school-administered programs. We reserve the right, however, to refuse admission when parents are unwilling to fully support the Christian education programs and philosophy of SCS.