The Brown Library
Hours: Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
The library may close for special events.
Contact information: 256-767-7070 Ext. 212 or email@example.com
The Brown Library of Shoals Christian School will assist students, faculty and members of the school community to become life-long lovers of knowledge through improving information literacy, developing reading ability, and reading for pleasure.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE BROWN LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER
The collection of print and non-print media of the Brown library will enhance the instructional program and will be consistent with the objectives and philosophy of SCS. Emphasis on the development of reading skills is attained through the utilization of the Accelerated Reader (AR) program, the Standard Test for the Assessment for Reading (S.T.A.R.) program, the Literacy Skills testing program for high schools students and a wide range of learning opportunities for students to increase their information literacy.
It is the goal of the Brown Library Media Center to:
- Instill a life-long love for reading.
- Establish a program that will enhance all areas of the curriculum.
- Develop information literacy.
- Provide access to updated print and non-print media through various formats.
- Provide opportunities for the development of research skills leading to information literacy.