The Vision of Shoals Christian School is to have a school whose constituents are increasingly committed to lives of holiness and prayer. The school’s leadership is committed to make decisions consistent with its mission and the principles of God’s Word. Shoals Christian follows Biblical principles of stewardship and is dedicated to future growth and financial stability. Students at Shoals Christian grow in the knowledge of the Lord, are challenged to reach their full academic potential, and are impacting their world for Christ.
The Core Values of Shoals Christian School are:
Christ-likeness (Colossians 1:18)
- We will secure and develop a staff and board that is biblically based and above reproach.
- We will transmit the concept of Kingdom education to parents.
- We will help students develop a sense of their worth and value based on their position in Christ Jesus.
- We will model and teach students to walk a holy life.
God's Word as Absolute Truth (Ps. 119-160, II Tim. 3:16-17)
- We will integrate the Bible into every aspect of the school.
- We will provide teachers with training in biblical integration.
- We will teach students to think and act from a biblical worldview while having an awareness and knowledge of opposing views.
- We will teach the Bible as the infallible Word of God, applicable to all of life’s situations.
Committed Family (Psalm 127:3-5, Deuteronomy 6:4-7)
- We will strive to provide a quality Christian education to all families committed to a Christian education for their children.
- We will help parents understand and fulfill their God-given responsibilities to biblically educate their children.
Stewardship (Luke 12:48
- We will develop and operate within a budget that reflects biblical principles of stewardship.
- We will provide students with the best possible education that will develop the whole child – spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially.
- We will select, develop, and maintain a qualified, Godly staff that will enable the school to fulfill its mission.
- We will provide, develop, and maintain all facilities in a way that will honor the Lord and meet the needs of students.
- We will partner with families to assist them in providing their children with a quality Christian education.
- We will encourage students and families to be active members of a local church.
Student Potential (Colossians 1:28)
- We will lead students to salvation and personal growth through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We will train students to apply Christian principles in their day-to-day lives.
- We will assist students in the mastery of basic skills.
- We will provide opportunities for the development of logical and critical thinking skills.
- We will provide outlets for creative and aesthetic development.
- We will integrate opportunities for student physical development through physical education classes and athletics.
- We will instill in students a biblical worldview as a lifelong foundation for ethical reasoning, social responsibility, and active citizenship.
"All your children will be taught by the LORD, and great will be their peace." Isaiah 54:13