Thank you for your interest in working at Shoals Christian School! Available positions will be posted as needs arise, but you are always welcome to submit an application and resume. See the links below.
Head of School
Position Summary: The Head of School is the chief administrative officer of the school. The administration and supervision of all aspects of the school program are delegated by the Board of Directors to the Head of School. The Head of School is to carry out his/her functions in accordance with the policies and philosophy adopted by the Board.
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of this job description.
All Shoals Christian School (SCS) employees must be Christian and accept SCS’s Statement of Faith, Philosophy of Christian Education, and Doctrinal Beliefs. Employees must also have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate a leadership that seeks to honor Him and glorify His name.
The Mission of Shoals Christian School is to assist families by providing a Christ-centered, biblically based education emphasizing excellence in character, academics, and service to Christ and others. "All of your children will be taught by the Lord and great will be your children's peace." Isaiah 54:13
The Vision of Shoals Christian School is to have a school whose constituents are increasingly committed to lives of holiness and prayer. The school’s leadership is committed to make decisions consistent with its mission statement and the principles of God’s Word. SCS follows biblical principles of stewardship and is dedicated to future growth and financial stability. Students of SCS are growing in the knowledge of the Lord, are challenged to reach their full academic potential, and are impacting their world for Christ.
- Serve as the spiritual leader of the faculty, staff, and student body.
- Represent the total school program to the board and to act as the educational consultant to the Board.
- Provide pertinent information and alternative courses of action to enable the Board to make informed decisions.
- Provide and interpret for the Board matters that deal with certification and accreditation of the staff and school.
- Execute the decisions of the Board concerning the operation of the school.
- Oversee the recruitment and placement of teachers, supervisors, administrators, and support staff personnel.
- Provide for the appraisal of performance of all school personnel on a systematic basis and recommend to the Board appointments, promotions, and dismissal of all personnel.
- Supervise the administrative team to maintain a harmonious atmosphere for teachers, students, and parents. To seek to resolve conflicts within the school system.
- Conduct routine Leadership Team (L-Team) meetings.
- Serve on the reaccreditation team in leadership to ensure alignment between Shoals Christian School and the accreditation association’s standards.
- Lead the school in sustaining and improving its accreditation status and complete annual accreditation reports for SACS CASI/Cognia and ACSI while monitoring and recommending changes needed to comply with standards of these organizations.
- Communicate the school’s Mission Statement and Christian philosophy of education to the employees, students, and community.
- Communicate the mission and vision with all stakeholders annually.
- Formally evaluate every certified teacher at least once annually.
- Promote professional advancement of the staff.
- Acquire and maintain all certifications, academic requirements, and continuing education requirements expected of SACS CASI/Cognia and ACSI.
- Supervise the preparation and administration of an annual budget for consideration by the Board of Directors.
- Pursue development of additional means of raising funds to support the school’s financial needs.
- Actively participate in major school-wide fundraising activities of the school.
- Manage student enrollment process to ensure that the school achieves its targeted enrollment projections.
- Interview prospective students/families.
- Ensure the safety and security of all students, staff, visitors, and property.
- To work with and advise the office manager concerning all accounts receivable and payable to recommend any necessary action to the Board of Directors.
- Organize the staff to fulfill the educational program of the school.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to the SCS Board of Directors at email@example.com.
- Mature, relates well with both adults and children
- Person who can provide discipline and has a real love and concern for children
- $65.00/day if certified in the area serving
- $55.00/day if not certified in the area serving
- Certified Substitute Teacher preferred
Interested candidates must submit a resume and completed staff application (please request through email) to Head of School, Felicia Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daycare/Early Preschool Teachers
Start date: ASAP
25-30 Hours/week, Monday -Friday
Operating hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Rate of pay: $8.25/hr.
High School Diploma, 19 years of age or older
Daycare/preschool teaching experience is preferred; certification in childcare is a plus
*Those hired must be certified in CPR, background checked/fingerprinted to work in school setting in Alabama and must complete or have completed the state of Alabama DHR Mandatory Reporter training