Shoals Christian School is a coeducational institution for students in grades K-3 through 12. There are several prerequisites that must be met before a student will be accepted into Shoals Christian School. Based on the items listed below, students are admitted without regard to race, color, national, or ethnic origin. The items are:
1. Parents must understand that Shoals Christian School teaches from a distinctively Christian perspective with the goal of helping our students embrace a Christian worldview. The academic program of SCS includes attendance at daily Bible class, weekly chapel, and other forms of spiritual formation (retreats, athletic chapels, etc.) Parents agree to full participation of their student in these activities.
2. We encourage each SCS family to be involved in a Bible-believing church. The partnership between the home, the church, and the school is most beneficial for students. The admissions process includes a Partnership Reference for the student and family. This form is found in the information packet and may be completed by a pastor, principal, or teacher.
3. Students must meet the age deadline of September 1 to enter K-5 or first grade. Students who do not meet the deadline but seek to enroll will be considered on an individual basis. Testing may be required at the discretion of the administrator.
4. Students enrolling must score on grade level in both reading and mathematics as evidenced by standardized achievement scores beginning at the second grade level. A strong "C" average must be presented in all subjects, based upon the student's last report card. A written test may be required at the discretion of the administrator or the academic dean.
5. Parents and students must complete an interview after submitting a completed application form for each student enrolling and a $50 application fee for each application submitted. This fee is non-refundable.
6. Students must be in good standing at their current school or eligible for re-enrollment at their current school.
7. The student and parents must be willing to abide by all school policies.
8. Shoals Christian School reserves the right to disqualify from admission any student with a known pattern of tobacco, alcohol, or drug use, sexual activity, or any other disciplinary concerns.
9. If any pertinent information on the application or on other records has been falsified, SCS reserves the right to expel the student from school.
10. Any exceptions to the previous requirements must be recommended by the administration and approved by the Board of Directors.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Shoals Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin who satisfy entrance requirements to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available at our school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletic programs, and other school-administered programs. We reserve the right, however, to refuse admission when parents are unwilling to fully support the Christian education programs and philosophy of SCS.